Thursday, July 26, 2007

Jesus I Belong to You

Abba, I belong to you.

I belong to you because you loved me. You knit me together in my mother’s womb. Although I was formed from dust, I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your breath filled me with the gift of life. So I surely belong to you because you created me.

I belong to you. Although sin infected my life just as it has every human except Jesus since Adam sinned. So, I was a sinner, haughty, rebellious, filthy, and dirty, from my selfishness in ignoring your will for me. I believed Satan’s lies about you. And followed his ways and not yours. I sought fulfillment in pleasure, status, things, wealth, and lust. But I found out that you loved me unconditionally sent your only Son, Jesus, to suffer for my sins on the cruel cross; and He died in my place, and cleansed me with his precious blood, canceling the penalty of sin that I could not escape. So truly I belong to you because you redeemed me.

I belong to you. Even though I was unaware of it, because of your love you have guided, and guarded my life through a collage every imaginable circumstance and experience. I have known everything from estrangement to acceptance, despair to ecstasy, fear to triumph, addiction

to deliverance, emptiness to fulfillment, separation to restoration, painful disease to glorious healing, the depth of guilt, to sweet forgiveness, weakness to strength, bereavement and sorrow to comfort and happiness, slavery to redemption, agony to joy. All of this so that by your gift of wisdom I can have the joy of serving you to bring others to Jesus and help you build your kingdom on earth. I certainly belong to you because only by your grace and love am I privileged to be your servant.

Abba, it is such joy to know that I belong to you!

No comments: